Thursday, September 01, 2005

Audioblogging is cool...

this is an audio post - click to play

Well from the way things have set up it appears that staging will be on the 28th of September in Philly. There was a possibility of having it either in Philly or D.C. but I'm actually glad they decided to have it there. It would have been kind of weird still being close to home while I have to go through staging. Once I'm there for 2 days I fly out of JFK through South Africa to go to Malawi.

I decided to switch over to blogger because it seemed to have nicer features and easier to use than xanga.....go figure, plus its just a google thing

What will I be doing till I leave...

I have to get all the grown up things done like changing car registrations, will (in case I meet Jesus sooner than anticipated), power of attorney, insurance, deferment of loans, etc...

Plus do all of the "being a good son things" like mow the lawn, straighten up finances, spray pesticides, powerwash the house.....it never ends

Read lots of books, watch lots of movies, visit peeps, and pray lots...

How do I feel?

Not sure...I feel okay for the most part but its bittersweet in general. The experience of joining the Peace Corp is something that is different for every person that goes through it. The only expectations that I have is that God will use it in some way to change and grow me. That is my greatest hope. So much to leave behind yet so much to look forward to...... A journey is best travelled knowing someone greater has blazed the path.

"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despise things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." -1 Corinthians 1:26-31

No comments: